Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Still learning to teach!



Well, the teaching seems to be going ok so far, though I am of course back on a very steep learning-curve. Some students like to try and sleep in class, while others want to read their newspapers in Chinese. But apart from a reluctance to learn from some quarters, the students are generally nice and friendly. Getting them to listen when someone is talking seems to be an uphill struggle. No mean feat when you have getting on for 60 students! Ah well...

The meal with Foreign Affairs Department has been moved to tomorrow night.

Yesterday I had a random phone call from a Chinese student (Zack) who was friends (last year) with the person who lived in my apartment before me. He seems keen to make friends with me as well, so I guess I'll meet up with him at some point for a beer or two. Why not? Might help me with my Chinese as well.

Well, here are some more photos of Kunming.

No comments: