Sunday, September 17, 2006

Consequences




So, the meal last Thursday was really good. We went a long way in a mini-van, but it was worth it! The food was delicious and there were free massages, singing and dancing. It was a minorities-themed restaurant - very colourful and lots of rice wine flowing! Some of the university leaders were there. The Vice-President of the university came over to talk to me and share a toast - he had been told that I was English and he is very fond of England, having studied at Hull University of all places!! The head (or maybe it was the second-in-commande - not sure!) of the Foreign Affairs Office told me I looked like someone out of Braveheart (I think he meant William Wallace's wife rather than one of the dirty hilltribe people!!)

Russ's friend, Nelson, is visiting, so last night we went out to a couple of bars including one of our favourites, Speakeasy. Unfortunately, I managed to slip on the stairs and now have an ankle the size of a football (or near enough!). Good job my class tomorrow morning is on the 8th floor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi steph

your blog makes for interesting reading.. sounds like you're having a great time over there and becoming completely infused with the china the country and culture..?!

regards paul