Friday, September 08, 2006

It's all about the little things.

Sorry to talk about the weather, but today for the first time in a while we have rain - yippee! Being British, it makes me feel kind of at home. What makes me feel even more at home is that Jared and I went for lunch today at a restaurant called 'Wicker Basket'. It serves Western food - I had falafel (!) and fries followed by Oreo cheesecake and Jared had a bacon & cheese burger. Yum! A trip to Metro supermarket (a big bulk-buying type place) followed for more Western treats, such as French wine. Normal you get a card to use this supermarket through your business, but it seems that foreigners get cards just for being foreign. And why not?!?!

So, I actually managed to drag myself out of bed not long after dawn this morning and did a few laps of the campus running track. Some people were running , some were walking (both forwards and backwards) and some were doing exercises round the edge. Some were students and some were older folk. I struggled - don't know whether it's the altitude or a month with not much exercise... I'll go with altitude, I reckon!

Right, am going to see if I can work out how to add links to this now...

Have a good weekend!

'An idiot can face a crisis - it's day to day living that wears you out.' Anton Chekov

No comments: