Monday, October 29, 2007

Running.

I decided that my running needed some sort of focus, so I entered myself in a 10k race here in Jaen. It was part of the annual half-marathon, only this year they decided to open up a 10k as well to enable more people to participate. This suited me as I haven't been training for a half-marathon and didn't think I was really fit enough to do one (I now know I'm not!)

Anyway, I decided I'd push myself to see how fast I could go (despite the fact that it was the hilliest 10k I've ever run) and I did OK, coming in 3rd in the womens' race. It was a small field, but there were definitely more than 3 women running in the 10k!!!

I am now the proud owner of a (quite large) trophy and I had to stand on a podium to collect it. Very, very random, but fun.

Picture may follow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Podium picture pleeease!

Steph said...

Who posted that?!